Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Leifisms

Leif is getting to that age where he not only does funny things regularly, but I think he is trying to do funny things to make us laugh. Then there are the ones that make me think I have the sweetest little boy ever. Of course, there are still the "other" ones... like for example, the crayon. MY HUSBAND found this one particularly funny this morning...

The Crayon

I was getting dressed this morning and do you think I can find decent clothes to wear? Nope. I need to do laundry since everything I have is dirty. I found an older pair of CK jeans, put them on and surprised that they actually fit OK and the tapered leg wasn't TOO bad. (I know, pot kettle black.) I looked in the mirror and was pleased (a rare thing). So I went to the kitchen to get breakfast ready.

As usual, Leif was banging on my legs and butt, trying to hang off me, sit on my feet. All the typical things while I am trying to get breakfast going that I am really good at tuning out. He was banging on my butt an excessive amount, but I ignored it. Oh yeah, I told him, "honey if you want mommy to do something, please use your words". No voice.

Out walks AB and he dies laughing. Leif wasn't banging on my butt. He had an orange crayon and was drawing all over my rear end and thighs. (And there is plenty of space to draw there...)

Thankfully we buy washable crayons. But this also meant I was pulling jeans out of the "worn once but can still wear again if need be" stack. Nice.

Leif and his buds

It just amazes me watching/hearing about Leif interacting with his friends at daycare. He and Jonathen and Atticus are tight knit. Last night I went to go get Leif and Atticus saw me coming. He ran over to Leif and grabbed his hand. They walked around holding hands all the while I gathered up his stuff. Then Atticus walked us to the door, they let go and said bye to each other. Now how cute is that?

This morning we got there and Atti was already there. He came over and helped Leif put his lunch away and TRIED to help Leif take off his jacket. (I fooled them both and had put a pullover fleece on him instead of his coat - they couldn't figure out how to get it unzipped all the way.)

The first "I love you"

Leif loves to talk to daddy on the phone. AB called last night in a panic. He had lost his keys and was late for class. Luckily he works like two blocks from the school. Of course in checking, we find out that *I* have AB's car keys in my car. They must have fallen out of his pocket. So we were on the phone a few times trying to figure out the least painful way to get the keys transferred. Leif gets rather irritated if daddy is on the phone and he doesn't get to talk. So after pitching a small fit, I called AB back and his phone went to voicemail. I let Leif talk.

"Hi Daddy" Leif says. I tell him to say I love you... and to my surprise I hear "i-lo-u". Ok, so it did sound a remarkable amount like E-I-E-I-O. (Say it as fast as you can so it sounds like "eyio".) AB was a little skeptical when he heard it, but this morning Leif repeated it to him as he was putting him in the carseat. (I think I may have even seen a tear in AB's eye.)

Sigh! So cute. But I do think it is about time mommy gets an i-lo-u.

"Sorry"

I was talking with V about this today. Can someone explain to me why my son can say very clearly "I'm Nemo" and "I shower", also attempts at multisyllabic words and I love you... yet "sorry" is like asking him to say "supercalifragelisticexpealidociuos"?

No comments: