Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Daddy's girl

Skadi has a voice that carries. She isn't a soft, meek child. She belts out exactly what she wants.

And most of the time, exactly what she wants is "DADA!"

A few recent evenings when I have been putting her to sleep she pops up and asks for daddy. She is quite insistant that he come in and put her to bed.

The other day when we met some of AB's work friends at the river he took off on a jetski with Leif. She sat on deck of the boat yelling for "DADA" much of the time he was gone.

This morning she brought me the telephone, handed it to me and said, "dada". (She didn't scream it thankfully.)

I called AB and then made a fatal flaw... I didn't immediately hand the phone back to her, I talked to AB. She let out a wail then and AB was certain I was phoning to tell him what a horrible morning I was having. Actually I wasn't. It was a good morning, until I didn't surrender the phone immediately.

She told him what a cow says, what a pig says, babbled a little and then said, "dada" a few times.

I think AB's heart has been stolen.

No comments: