Friday, August 01, 2008

Leif's Stats

39 lbs (with shoes) 75th percentile
40.75" (no shoes) 61st percentile

Leif was so excited to go to see the doctor and was hoping he would get to go to the hospital soon as well. Umm no, thankfully.

He was great for the nurse, but would hardly come out from hiding (behind the exam table, from under the chair, from behind my legs...) for the doctor. I had to threaten a time out! I couldn't get him to talk to her, still she said there was no harm in getting a speech assessment. I am convinced he says his "r's" like "w's". AB doesn't hear it, but after years, and years of speech therapy I hear it. I want the assessment so that if there is an issue we can start therapy quickly, I don't want him to have to repeat my experience.

For days Leif had been looking forward to his exam and asking if he could get a shot. Given that he will be due for five shots next year, we decided to go ahead and do the Hep A one now given his willingness and in the interest of reducing the number of shots next year.

The nurse came in and all was well until Leif was "poked". Then there was much wailing and screaming and crying. In the midst of it all he managed to say, "I just wanted the band-aid, not the pokey!"

Funny thing about it is that Leif has always to this point tolerated shots very well. Even as an infant. This was the first time a negative result has happened!

Next year there will be a huge reward.

No comments: