Friday, August 29, 2008

Grapes, grapes and more grapes

We started harvesting our Merlot grapes this evening. Started... it is only one vine, but we have been inundated! No plums, not many cherries, but we got the grapes!

Skadi... not so sure about these things...



Oooh! Sweeeet!


I had to bribe him for this picture. He didn't want to hold THESE grapes. Not the ones *I* picked.



Nope, he wanted to hold THESE grapes. The ones HE picked.

Finally we reached a compromise:


Now... what to do with all these grapes. They will become juice tomorrow. I know, those clusters don't look like that much. I am talking about the bucket off to the side that I (foolishly) didn't take a picture of and the remaining bunches left on the vines ready to come off when I am feeling like it this weekend.

No comments: