Monday, August 25, 2008

The monthly goals

So back at the first of the year I decided that my "resolutions" would be monthly goals instead. I would tackle one room a month working my way around the house to get the house ready to sell, collect items for garage sale and also an attempt at organization.

Summers are horribly busy for us and so starting in May I decided I would have a summer goal to tackle my Master Suite.

Summer is all but over and weather is even starting to cool significantly here, but last weekend I spent a good portion of the day working in the Master bathroom.

AB has a substantial portion of this task as well as he has to replace some trim, do a little plaster work where we had a bit of water damage from a leaky shower and then the joint task is to paint.

When I told AB I wanted to get moving on my bathroom goal this last weekend I never expected him to actually start and that he would be the one prompting me to get out and buy paint on Sunday (while I was hoping for a day of quiet mulling around the house). He had afterall cut the trim for install on Friday and was chomping at the bit to get that in apparently.

We decided on colors in record time. A cocoa brown with an antique white. We went and bought quarts. Then I diverted us over to Target to pick up a few more organizational items for the bathroom.

Sunday afternoon AB suggested we "slap" some paint on the wall to confirm we like the colors. (Our routine after a near miss with orange in the kitchen that turned out to be carnation pink in the sunlight.) Leif got to help... which means I followed with a wet washcloth since we hadn't actually put down drop cloths yet. An hour later and the ceiling of the toilet/shower area as well as one wall was painted.

I am loving the colors. It matches our tile and ugly needs-to-be-replaced linoleum.

I even think AB has convinced me to take Friday off from work so that we can tackle the room together and finish it completely that day sans kiddos and get it done - still leaving us our 3-day Labor Day weekend. My caveat to taking that day is that he has to take me out to lunch somewhere fabulous.

In the meantime I am left wondering what has come over my husband.

Once the painting is done I need to spray paint a few shelves that are now cedar colored, white that I will return to the wall, return items to their places and my Master bathroom, closet and linen closet (that I finished on Sunday) will be complete! Pictures after next weekend

Master bedroom will be September... it's still warm in September... I am not that far behind schedule.

No comments: