Monday, July 30, 2007

What's my age again

My high school friends weren't *that* screwed up were they? Nevermind, don't answer that.

On the drive in to work the other morning Julie Brown's song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun" came on.

How old am I now that my reflexes are lightning speed as they hit the XM box switching it to anything. Anything other than that song. I was counting myself lucky that number one, I was paying attention and not zoning and number two, that I actually knew the song from the first line. Leif lately is amazingly quick and opinionated on music in the car... no more fooling around with what is playing while he is riding with me.

It landed on Wonderwall and I was fine with that. Leif won't get those innuendos for at least another 15 years. It took someone telling me and I was in my mid-20's. And I would far far rather my son hear a song about praising the condom then a school shooting.

How old am I now that I sat there saying to myself, "that is the most inappropriate song to play on the radio... ever."

It's a song that we used to laugh about and sing along to in high school. Wow have 20 years changed me. (Or here's hoping it isn't just me that changed... here's hoping others cringe in hearing that song we once joked about.)

No comments: