Wednesday, July 19, 2006

So proud of my boy!

Reading is a huge part of my life. I love reading. I grew up an avid reader and devoured every book I could get my hands on. When I was a kid, there wasn’t always money for every whim and want, but there was always money for a book.

Leif has a ton of books from us, from my mom, from our friends. Books are the most awesome gift to give. He has gotten to the stage where I love letting him pick out a book at the bookstore. He does pretty well at picking out what he wants.

AB and I were in the kitchen the other day picking up and chatting. We realized Leif wasn’t around, underfoot, or begging for a movie. We walked into his room and there he was, sitting in the big comfy chair in his room, with a stack of books next to him, “reading”. I was so proud of him!

No comments: