Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Leif funnies for early July

AB had sailing lessons tonight and so it was just me and the little guy. Sometimes it is obvious Leif tries to crack me up. Other times he does so unknowingly.

We were reading "Too Big for Diapers" with Ernie as the lead character. Leif is really getting into this book and points to the potty and tells me that Ernie goes pee pee and poo poo in the potty. Whereby I try to encourage him to be like Ernie. Tonight he looked at me with a puzzled look on his face, held his hands out to the side in an inquisitive manner and asks me "Wha-ba Bert?" I told him Bery used the potty too. He says, "no, Bert diapers".

Ok then...

Ok, so my vegetarian friends might not like this one so much... When we went camping AB and I fixed salmon for dinner. We have been careful not to confuse the fish we eat with the fish on Nemo or his goldfish. Don't want to freak the kid out you know. To this point we were completely unsuccessful at getting him to eat fish, which sucked, since we eat it a lot.

Leif and C were sitting over with K (C's dad) in the shelter getting ready to eat. K tells them it is fish and Leif immediately calls it NEMO and chows down.

Two and two.

Flash forward to now. Many times when he sees a fish pictures he says, "Fish, we eat it!" He does like fish for the most part now.

Yesterday we were going through his Animal Babies magazine and he came across a penguin. I tell him what the penguin is and Leif exclaims, "We eat it!" There was no convincing him that no, we don't eat penguin.

Today it was a book with an elephant in it. "We eat it?" he asks in an inquisitive tone. No, we don't, I tell him. It would be awfully tough. He points to the elephant and says "ela, no eat it".

No comments: