Monday, July 24, 2006

Hot

I am learning to like the heat and to enjoy all the wonderful things that summer offers in this area. But I don’t expect I will ever, and I do mean ever, come to accept or tolerate 110F weather. This just makes me sick to my stomach. It is to the point it isn’t even safe to let my son go out and play in the afternoon when he wakes up from nap. The dog (big black shaggy thing) has not been walked in days because it is still above 100F in the evenings for her walk. She does go about as far as the mailbox and back only to return and collapse on the tile entryway.

AB and I did smarten up though and follow her lead… laying on the cold tile entryway really does feel nice. Too bad it is so hard.

Our air conditioner is struggling to keep up and last night our thermostat said 80F. We had a first of the season routine maintenance which indicated no foreseeable problems. So I am crossing my fingers that we aren’t starting down the road to no air conditioner.

Leif has been taking his baths outside in his pool the last three nights. He gets to “swim” (because there is evidently a huge difference between his kiddie pool and the bathtub) and I get a clean boy. Freaky thing about it is that at the end of the day, the pool water is warmer than his bathwater. Oh and did I mention that I can actually wash and RINSE his hair in the pool, whereas in the tub the neighbors can hear him scream bloody murder when his hair is rinsed.

Gah. Did I mention it is hot? Miserably, ugly, sickeningly hot.

No comments: