Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday continued

AB is reading to Leif before he gives him a bath. We have finished dinner, the kitchen is picked up and I am enjoying an ever so slight buzz from the wonderful dinner (filets with a bacon mushroom cream sauce - my invention and it was fabulous, roasted broccolini, and rice pilaf) with a Meritage AB bought for a fundraiser. Now that is my kind of fundraiser! Why don't they send the local elementary school kids around with cases of wine to sell as opposed to cookie dough? I guarantee the sales would skyrocket and everyone would look forward to school fundraisers.

This last week was a tough week in a way. I took Monday off for President's Day with Leif. He was sick and it ended up being misery. I worked Tuesday, then Wednesday and Thursday I spent in Project Management class being bored to tears. I learned a ton, but it was incredibly dry material. Friday I was scrambling after having spent only one out of four of the past days in the office. I analyzed loads of data for a review next Thursday and Friday, which I luckily only have to attend and not present at this time around.

Saturday we were pretty lazy due mostly to my sick self. I have a head cold that I picked up from Leif and is lingering something fierce. My major accomplishment actually getting out to Lowes and ordering a cellular shade for the library. Being that we are putting a very nice, new computer in there, I am a little uncomfortable with how the large picture window is sparsely covered. After that I got some groceries, a few movies (LOVED "In Her Shoes") and came home.
The major accomplishment today was organizing the library furniture for the computer and cleaning the guest room/office. AB was shocked when he got home. I got the "throw it away" bug and filled trash bag after trash bag.

I am feeling pretty excited about some home decor decisions recently. Namely the library. I feel like that room is starting to come together and my hope is to make it fully functional and "finished" by mid-summer. First off is the arrival of the computer and obtaining wireless broadband (both this week). The next step is to empty this newly filled room and paint. AB and I have picked out (in record time) the colors we would like to paint. This is truly astonishing considering a week ago I hadn't the foggiest idea and borrowed V's stack of paint swatches to start thinking about some new options. AB and I have decided on a slate blue with a honey brown. I nixed the plaster paint idea that AB had honed in on and offered up instead the Ralph Lauren or Eddie Bauer suede paint. I think the softness will go well in the library where right now we are running an abundance of wood.

So when to paint? Well AB's weekends are pretty much booked for the next two months with schoolwork. This weekend when I talked to my mom I pushed her to consider coming up the second week in May... Mother's Day (we have a history of spending Mother's Day together since I left Colorado). That is also my week to host book club, it is one of her favorite books and I think she would love the chance to be there and cook. And make pie. My mom is also a master painter... she has painted and repainted most rooms in her house. Having three adults to do this job (2 to paint and 1 to watch Leif) would be ideal. So anyways, she is on vacation and doesn't know that I have booked her services yet, but she will!

Then the last two things for the library will be a computer hutch/desk (style tbd). The computer will sit on our two spare craft tables for now, as I SAVE money for a desk. Then my luxury... a chaisse. I want a big soft chaisse to retire to as a place to read. Goal... for everything but the chaisse, mid-summer. Chaisse... will likely be a Christmas present.

Well this is a rambling post if there ever was one...

No comments: