Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Leifers

I am quite positive that my son is out for world domination and that this task was part of that scheme and that I am just far too stupid to recognize it. He is a genius I tell you.





I stayed home yesterday with Leif since he was off for President's Day. I, however, was not off and neither was AB. Twist my arm to take a vacation day and stay home! While this initially sounded like pure bliss, the day became very trying and I was actually sitting there thinking (and whining to AB on the phone) that I wished I was at work. *sigh* One of "those" days...

Leif had a cold and a rotten, stinking tooth that is giving him fits. Cuspids are FAR worse than the 1st year molars. He was grumpy, fussy and clingy and top all that off with nearly no nap. (Except for the 30 minutes or so he slept in my car and then on AB's lap while he worked at the office so I could run out and change an experiment around.) It actually reached the point where "Finding Nemo" was put nearly on continuous play despite my better judgment because it was the only thing that quieted the screams and allowed toddler removal from my leg. AB got home and both Leif and I dropped to our knees praising his presence.

Leif is so completely enamored with AB. "Dada" has become "daddy" and he can do NO wrong. "Mama", otoh, is still a little uttered word. I mean why actually call me when you can just cry instead.

As I have said before, if you are a SAHM, you have my utmost respect. If you are the spouse of a SAHM, go home and hug her, kiss her, drop to your knees and worship her. Then ask if she would mind if you took the kids for two hours while she goes and takes a bath with a glass of wine. You will be "the man" and who knows, you might even get some!

---------------------

I picked Leif up from school last week and his teacher informed me that all the kids have started calling him "Leifers". I am wondering if this will stick with him?

Leif's teacher has returned from India after being gone for 6 weeks. He had a sub, who I grew to adore. I do really like his regular teacher, but she has a hard exterior and it takes a little while to get to know her. Upon her return this morning I almost felt as though I was starting over near square one with her again. Leif seemed hardly phased as he ran and got a toy and took it to her. Then ran off to go play with something else.

No comments: