Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sucks to be sick

I have managed (not surprisingly) to pick up Leif's head cold. I just hate being sick. At this point I am just really hoping it doesn't make its way to my chest, like 95% of my colds do. Which then leads to bronchitis where for 2-3 weeks I will be coughing and sound like hell.

I am wading through the things that need to be done. This week has actually been quite productive, mostly in part due to a large number of people that I work with attending a couple conferences. With so many people out, my productivity has increased, but dampened a little by the remainder of people stuck here and not at conferences "hanging out". It's all good.

One of my coworkers was interviewed by Playboy for some research he has done. Seriously! I am dying of curiousity to read it. AB may have to buy one. Apparently he also offered to pose to go along with the article, but was politely turned down. ;-) I asked him if he included this in his fact sheet, and yes, he did. But our manager has yet to mention or question why exactly it pertained to his work. I can tell he is dying while waiting for her to ask.

More on the rollercoaster bit I mentioned the other day with Leif. Yesterday his teacher told me that they actually do not show the kids that they can push the trikes up the "rollercoaster" and that Leif figured it out on his own. I said, "well certainly the older kids must do it and he saw them". No, said his teacher. There has only been one other child in the 6 years she has taught this class that did that and he is now long gone. Another thing about this other child was that it took him weeks to figure out how to get onto the trike while it is perched up on top of the first hill. That would be get down and walk to the stairs, but I guess most kids are just slower on the uptake. EXCEPT for my son! No, Leif (genius daredevil boy) figured out the first day to get down off the hill and walk to the stairs and that the trike remained there where he can climb onto it and then careen down at speeds faster than light. *Most* kids just walk on the rollercoaster.

Leif was in the sandbox when I picked him up yesterday. A little girl in the class above him was sitting next to him, shovelling sand ONTO Leif. (rolling my eyes) THIS is why not only his shoes are full of sand, but frequently his diaper too. Nice. (Brat.)

This weekend will be full of house chores that need to be done. Our shower is leaking somehow and we need to fix this. The drywall on one side is starting to look bad and the trim is warping. In looking at this preliminarily I think that the caulk on the shower door has come off and that it is leaking out the side of the door. So we need to take the trim off, sand down the wall, repair it if necessary, buy a new piece of trim, etc.

What this more means to me is that we might need to PAINT the bathroom!! I love painting! We haven't painted anything since Leif's room when he was still in utero. Our house seems half done to me because the styles don't flow. But the rooms we don't "live" in are the ones that aren't painted. (Library, Formal Dining room that has no furniture, Guest room) Oh wait, we do live in the Master Suite and it isn't painted. So guess what?!?

I am thinking that I *could* paint the Master bath over my Thanksgiving break, especially if I taped it all off on a Sunday night. Then Monday that I am off, take Leif to daycare and paint (I am envisioning a nice grey-ish lavender... This is among my other list of things to do over Thanksgiving week like finish the quilt I started 2 years ago, finish Leif's one year scrapbook, organize my recipes, make a new Christmas tree skirt and not to mention prepare Thanksgiving dinner. Ambition is my middle name.

There is also one area that I still would like to go and look at lots in. We have kind of quit looking for lots recently now that Leif is on a better sleep schedule and we aren't relying on driving him around in the car to get him down for a nap. I would like, if we have time, to drive out and look at these lots this weekend, in between picking up the house, tearing down the outside yard furniture and gardens, and repairing the shower bay. And Hans has a 10 page paper due Monday? No problem! ;-)

Well I need to devote a little time today to my proposal and pushing it forward. Have a good night!

No comments: