Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Life has never been so entertaining

Leif just cracks me up. (OK, I just cannot get with using LJ for him... I am resorting to his name again.) Lately his thing is books. I was a little worried for awhile as he showed little interest in books. I was a book fiend as a child. But Leif didn't care to sit and listen to books when I read them, or at school. Nonetheless I insisted on reading. The last few weeks, however, he has changed his mind.

About a month or so ago I decided to let him pick out a book at Barnes and Noble. He picked out this cheap, $3, Clifford on the Farm board book. I figured it was just chance that he picked it, but I am reconsidering this conclusion. It is HIS favorite book. AB and I can recite it (and probably do) in our sleep. And the thing is, it is boring! "The cow says Moo, The owl says Whoo, The Bird says Tweet". Of course we embelish the sounds some. But it is a pretty boring book. Nonetheless he finds it hilarious. The bird saying "tweet tweet tweet" is especially funny. And then at the end when the question is posed "What does Clifford say?" He pipes in with "doo doo doo doo", which I suppose is his version of my "woof woof woof woof". (Ok, so the book says "bow wow", but I didn't like that. ) And once we finish he flips it back to the start and points to the start page for a second, third, fourth... go around.

His other favorite book just happens to be my favorite as well. ;-) The Boynton Belly Button Book. Love that. He pokes his belly throughout the book. And at the end when it says "bye bye bee bo", Leif waves.

One of his favorite things is to sit on my belly on the floor and let me tickle him. Personally, I *hate* being tickled. So why one would actually enjoy being tickled perplexes me. But then again, I am a woman who has given birth...

Ok, so he is on my belly last night and I am going at his tummy doing the "zzzzzz" noise as I fly my finger to tickle him. He started doing the "zzzzz" noise and then decided he would direct my finger in himself. So he held onto it and swung it in a circle once then PULLED it to his belly. The timing of it all was hilarious. "zzzzzz" as finger goes in a circle, then hilarious giggling about a millisecond before he pulls my finger towards his belly. So evidently the really funny part isn't the actual touching part of the tickling, it is the anticipation of the tickle. Oh yes, he is my boy... I too love the anticipations in life.

No comments: