Monday, October 17, 2005

My sucky weekend.

There isn't much to say about the weekend. It was boring, I was sick, AB worked on his test.

I woke up Friday nauseated and it only got worse throughout the morning. I told myself I could muscle through it, I had so much to do at work, lots of meetings, etc. But it didn't work. I crashed on the bed, AB got Leif ready and took him to daycare.

Bless daycare... 8 hours by myself. Now if I were just the normal "sick" as in "I don't want to spread cold germs to everyone else", I would have stayed home and whined and worked on the computer, cleaned the house and layed in front of the TV in the living room.

Nope, I wasn't that type of sick. I spent the.entire.day in bed. Even when I had to get out of bed and go get a drink of water or call to cancel my hair appointment :-( it took real effort. I slept much of the day and relied completely on AB to take care of Leif.

I spent the weekend working on recovering with up spurts and down spurts. By Sunday most were up and we even went out for a walk:



He does not look like a girl with the hat on either. :-P

I did get a few things done around the house... about 20 some lbs of tomatoes put through the mill before they rotted, then froze a few gallons of tomato puree. I also made zucchini black bean soup for Leif... still loving the immersion blender - evidence of zucchini has been completely annhilated. Even AB wouldn't have known.

Oh here is one more. I loved this picture. AB and Leif were picking raspberries and for some reason Leif becomes a little possesive of his beloved berries and feels the need to run off with them, in case we change our mind I guess. Here he is, cornered and stuffing berries in to his mouth.

No comments: