Thursday, March 03, 2005

Spring already?

Today the thermometer in my car dashboard said it was 80 degrees. Ok, I know enough to know that it is not correct. I have actually seen the thing read 122 degrees in the summer. And no it doesn't get *that* hot here. So after driving it cooled down to 68 degrees. Wow! Spring has sprung. It better be here to stay. My fruit trees are budding, bulbs are coming up and I am just plain ready for spring.

I was never a spring type person before, surprise considering my name is April. But I really like it here. Probably because winter just sucks, grey, dreary, foggy, drizzley. Blah. Ick. But spring comes early here and is therefore fairly long. I am planning my vegetable garden and can't wait. There will be no Preen allowed within a 10 foot radius. That stuff is death to vegetable gardens. I am looking forward to getting my seeds and planning it out. I cleaned out the front flower bed last weekend. Hans and Kenton are moving the weeping cypress tree this weekend (or next). I am ready!

This also means that Leif needs new clothes. Today he is wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and heavy cords. Yesterday he wore his fleece lined overalls and a turtleneck. Oy vay. These ultra-cute clothes will be packed up soon, while they still fit. Sacrilige.

Update on Leif... he is still the cutest, smartest thing you will ever meet. Red hair is coming through, poor boy. Sure everyone says it is cute, it really is. But I don't want him to be the subject of ridicule and stupid jokes as a child. Maybe he will get Hans' strong personality and then it won't be a problem! He is trying oh so hard to stand up, forget crawling. He can pull himself up to stand if he has something within reach that is the right size. He can see that it is far more efficient to move on two feet than on all fours, so why crawl? LOL!

He is getting over a bad spell with his "asthma" and ear infections. We will all be happy when this is over. Poor guy!

Just curious... does anyone read my blog? We have been having a discussion about blogs on my women's board. No one ever responds or comments. Which is fine. I am not going to quit writing it, just curious who is out there lurking...

No comments: