Friday, March 18, 2005

Klutz with a capital K

So last night I headed out the door with Winny to go get the mail. I got about 5 steps out before I tripped over the garden hose and went chin first into the sidewalk. I suppose my hands must have gotten in there somewhere because they are scratched all the pieces on the palms. But I can't remember. I whacked my chin pretty good, sent my glasses flying and just discovered this morning I chipped one of my bridges.

I crawled back in crying. It hurt so bad. Leif sat and smiled and did his best to console mama. It started swelling, but didn't seem that bad, albeit, was extremely sore.

We went on with the night and I kept Advil in me. This morning Hans said, "maybe you should go to the doctor". My chin is black and purple and blue for about a 2" diameter. And it still hurts like hell.

Today is our 5th anniversary. Hans said that when we go out to eat tonight that they will probably think he is taking me to a nice restaurant to buy me off for having beaten me, not that we are actually celebrating our anniversary. LOL. I look horrible.

When we rolled my car in 1996 I had a major black eye then. I had more people come up to me and give me information about domestic abuse, and hotline information, safehouse information etc. And poor Hans endured so many dirty looks, lol. Here we go again...

No comments: