Monday, January 17, 2005

Snow... errr... rain day!

Now this is how every Monday should be! I got up, got Leif and I ready, got him to daycare, me to work and worked my morning. At almost noon, when I am just about ready to go feed Leif, my manager comes by and asks what I would think if someone told me to go spend the afternoon with Leif. I told him that would be pretty cool. He then said, "go spend the afternoon with Leif". So I responded, "do I run out the door before you say just kidding, or stick around for an explanation?" Turns out it was raining and freezing, so a freezing rain warning. The roads were slick and getting slicker, so the lab was closing.

Wow! Talk about making my day! I came home and fixed a grilled cheese sandwich, played with Leif for an hour and a half. Then he went down for a nap and I updated our website. He has been sleeping for almost two hours. So hopefully that means he will sleep well tonight.

Hans called in the early afternoon and they were closing his office too. So he came home and has spent the afternoon working on installing his surround sound.

Leif is now up from his nap, which puts a quick end to this installment of my blog since Leif would have lots to add himself and would only be frustrated by his spelling skills. (Not that mommy tried to keep his little hands off the keyboard or anything like that.)

No comments: