Tuesday, January 25, 2005

On buying jeans

I should be writing proposals. I have two that are due on Friday. Instead my brain has turned to sludge. So maybe writing about buying jeans will help.

I bought jeans last weekend. This is exciting. What is more exciting is that I bought them without trying them on (thank you Costco) and they fit (thank you even more). They are mens jeans. No, I am not getting a sex change. Leif will not have two daddies.

A few years ago Tanya introduced me to men's Silvertab Levis. I had already sworn off Levis because they are sized so dang small. When I was a size 7/8... yes it was that long ago I contemplated buying them, they told me some horrifying thing like that I was a size 11/12. Of course that is what I am wearing now, post-pregnancy and it doesn't seem that bad, lol.

These Silvertab Levis are amazing jeans. Why they don't make them for women I don't know. Nice sit on your hip fit, roomy through the thighs and tapered to the ankle.

We were walking through Costco on Saturday. Love that store. Hans needed jeans, so we were exploring the men's pants area. Well lo and behold there is a stack of Silvertabs for $19. Not knowing which size to get. (No, I don't know my measurements.) I bought a pair of 32x32's. Poor Hans didn't get any because there weren't any in his size. I swear he has to have the most common men's pants size. We can rarely find his size at Costco, only in Wranglers, which frightens the living daylights out of us.

We got home and I put on my new jeans. Excited that they fit. Hans says, "Are those your new jeans?"

Me: "Yeah, what do you think?"
Hans: "They look great!"
Me: "Yeah I think so."
Hans: "I am glad I didn't get any."
Me: "Why is that?"
Hans: "They are women's jeans! I didn't notice that."
Me: "No they aren't they are mens."
Hans: "Well they must be mislabeled then because they look far better on you then on a man."

So see now. All you women out there, check out the Levis Silvertabs. I am as curvy as they come, very hourglass shape. And these men's jeans rock.

No comments: