Thursday, January 06, 2005

One week almost down

Ok Leif, tell me what exactly is funny about my walking across the room without any clothes on... hmmm?? Military school for you!

2 days until I am 33 and I feel nothing. I could really care less about my birthday for some reason. Few people remember, which is fine. I will appreciate that more as I get older I am sure. ;) Those people who do remember, no one actually sends anything to arrive on time. I think I will just declare my birthday being from January 8th to February 8th from now on. I know, people are busy with the holidays, and no I don't want to inconvenience people. But some part of me (even though it really doesn't matter) still thinks that if a person cared they would make an effort. Ah well. I am not a kid anymore, birthdays aren't supposed to matter. Which sends me back to the first line in this paragraph.

It is Thursday. One more day left in the week. And Fridays are always kind of nice. Relatively few people work on Fridays, so it is quiet. There aren't many deadlines set for Fridays.

Tomorrow we are going to go and check out the local Montessori school for Leif. We hope to have him start there at age 1. We have heard, and I have seen first hand, that while the infant rooms at Kindercare are quite good, the toddler rooms leave something to be desired. It is "survival of the fittest" and chaotic from what I have heard. Then there is the snobby side of me that is going to come out and say that if I am paying full tuition price, I want my child to be around other children whose parents are willing to pay full tuition price and not use government subsidy.

Tuition will not be cheap. It will be less then we are paying now for infant daycare. But significantly more than toddler daycare at Kindercare. But from what I have heard, I like the Montessori philosophy. I am looking for strict discipline, well mannered and respectful children.

Let's hope Leif gets in and isn't given enough time in the Kindercare toddler rooms to turn into a wildebeast.


No comments: