Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Is it Friday yet?

Nope, it is Wednesday... and my butt appears glued to my desk chair. I am apparently not the only one since I have a long string of e-mail commentary going on.

And now it is the following Tuesday. We will try this again. Today is an alright day. I am trying to figure out what to cook for a dinner party for 8 people (3 other couples) on Saturday. I am leaning towards cod with Sambal vinegrette sauce and wasabi cream sauce. Chicken for the weirdos who don't like fish. Risotto on the side, salad and a vegie. Oh and then ginger ice cream for dessert. Hans hasn't made any other suggestions so unless I have a major revelation, that will probably be it.

Leif is almost 6 months old. How is that even possible? He is wearing the most adorable little shirt that was given to him. I had it in his future wear stack and it is a 9 month size. Welp, I am a dork. He has worn it exactly once, today, and is outgrowing it. Little turkey.

We have also bumped him up a size in diapers. Every BM is a blow out lately. Hopefully the 4's will prevent that a little.

And yes, I have become one of "those" moms. I haven't heard stellar things about the toddler rooms at Leif's daycare. So I have been checking out other options. We have finally decided to go with a local Montessori school. It is really close to my work and we had a great tour the other day. Well great, decision made, right?

Wrong. Evidently I should have had him on the waitlist longer than 7 months in advance. I felt like saying "but he *has* to get in!" Should I have offered a bribe?? LOL. How sad. Ok, Leif is a tough kid, he will probably be fine at daycare for another year and a half. He takes toys away from the bigger, older babies. He holds his own with them. Anyways, stay tuned to find out if Leif will lead a life of daycare center bully or well mannered Montessori student.

Work is... well work. I just can't seem to break the barrier with my manager's, manager's manager. Yes, he really is 3 levels above me. He used to be 2 levels above me. He was who hired me. But I can't seem to get anywhere with him. It is like we are in a room, just the two of us and he yells out "anyone know anything about semiconductor surfaces?" I am standing there waving my hands wildly and jumping up and down and reciting my dissertation. While he looks around, all the while avoiding me, then turns around mummbling that he needs to find someone who knows something. I just get that feeling from him that he either hates me, doesn't trust me, doesn't think I am capable... whatever. He just won't even give me a chance. A few years ago I gave a brown bag seminar talking about my background, the only opportunity I have had to show him my background. And he didn't show. So he essentially knows nothing about my background. Hans thinks it is bad enough and obvious enough that I need to go to HR about it.

I guess the reason that this came up is that once again my name has been "left off" a key proposal for him. He is really a horses ass.


No comments: