Friday, January 07, 2005

All in one day

What a day.

It was snowing this morning. It never snows here, roads were slick, so I was piddley.

Got Leif dropped off at daycare just in time for me to run to my office and then run to my first 9am meeting. Got that done.

Sat in my office for about an hour doing stuff until my 11am meeting. 11:15 Jim makes it to the 11am meeting. I had to leave at 11:30am. 15 whole minutes for a meeting. Wow.

I ran to feed Leif at 11:30 so he wasn't screaming bloody murder the whole time. I get there and he is sleeping. So I hold him for 30 minutes. Still didn't wake up. The management was out trying to shut off the water to the building as it was flooding in the toddler rooms. Ugh. I left to meet Hans.

We were meeting at Children's Garden to see the place. It is a Montessori school that we are looking at putting Leif in once he turns 1. Huge waitlist, they encouraged us to look elsewhere, but we got him on the wait list. We will go back on the 21st for a tour.

Went and ate at India Palace for buffet lunch. Yum. About halfway through the lunch, daycare calls. Water main is broken and they are closing. Come get yer kid.

Hans decides he can more easily take the afternoon off. I have WAY too much to do this afternoon.

I get back out to work and start on my stuff. I need to pump. I get all hooked up, shut my door and start pumping. Pow, the lights go off and alarms start ringing. Ok, this is like my worst fear. Pumping and alarms. Well of course that I am not pumping anymore because the power is off. I have an internal office, so it is pitch black. Nice.

I am in the process of disconnecting myself when my wonderful coworkers start pounding on doors. "I am coming!" DUH, I mean the lights are off, power is off, I have no computer, I know I need to leave. I walk out, boobs leaking, boobs swollen and uncomfortable. Do I stay around or go home?

Well my wonderful manager decides we are standing around, so we might as well talk work. Rolling my eyes... Oh but this is good. I am one of 6 people tasked with designing a complete lab, 600 square feet due next Friday. Oh yeah, I even got a work package. This will likely be my lab and I am given 4 hours to design it. Wow, what thought.

Finally power comes back on, just before I decide to bail. Oh well. I am here. I work another hour and I am outta here.

I get to go learn how to be social next Monday and Tuesday. I am taking a class that everyone I work with should take, social skills. Greeeaaat.

Can I go home now?

No comments: