Sunday, April 11, 2010

Skadi's Party

We finally got around to holding Skadi's third birthday party.



She had repeatedly requested a Coach Brett birthday party. And I entertained the notion a bit. But then we opted to vacation to Silver Mountain for our anniversary with the kids and Skadi's party got the shaft. Ok, yes, I could have done the big party and I know she would have liked it. But I just had trouble bringing myself to forking out that dough for a 3 year old party. It was different when Leif was three and we did a joint party there for he and Cate. Next year Skadi.



We did a princess dress up party for her and five of her closest friends from school. I wanted to keep it small and it worked well for her. Leif had two older siblings over to play and they pretty much did their own thing.

Skadi enjoyed hosting her friends:

Olivia

Raquel

Best friend, Lexi
as well as Maddie and Sophia (pictured below).


We started with dress up in the play room.

Then we went outside and released butterflies.


Remember those days when it was cool to wear the same clothes as your best buddy?

Then the bubble machine came out.




Finally snacks and cake.
This pictures scared me a bit... Skadi and Maddie were bickering a bit about something, I am pretty sure it was the cake. And Skadi was looking a touch possessive about the cake. And all I could think about was the story my mom used to tell me about how she got a bit possessive of her cake at age 2 or 3 towards her cousin and put her dress over it. I was a bit worried...


But nothing like that happened!


And last presents.




1 comment:

Jay said...

Sweet! It looks like fun. I like home birthdays. It allows your children to show and share their toys ti their friends.