Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wrapping up my week!

It has been a busy week here. I had a project review this morning that went really well. I biffed it big on a teleconference I was supposed to phone into today though. Must pay attention to details like "EDT"! Duh. Missed the teleconference by three hours. Oh well. It isn't one where I was expected to do anything but sit at my desk with my phone on my ear and listen to them recite everything on the "Teleconference Itinerary" that they sent out.

Won't make that mistake again.

Leif is thrilled that he only has one sleep until we head to the water park! We decided we didn't have time this fall to drive to the coast and spend 4-7 days at the cabin unfortunately since AB is doing this engineering rotation. So we decided instead to take one of AB's normal weekends (since he works four 10 hour days, I had to take a day off however) and head to one of the indoor water parks. I picked the newest one that looked like it might have fun things to do outside of the water too (like the longest gondola in the world).

Leif has been counting down to the trip since we spontaneously decided to book it about 10 days ago. (Yes, welcome to my world of being spontaneous...) Ideally, it would have been better to go after October 1. Taking time off before Sept 30th is always a risky maneuver. But I could afford a Friday since most of my projects (for the first time ever) are not fiscal year projects. Waiting to go until after October 1 meant skyrocketing rates and the end of "summer deals".

Leif has watched the video of the place on the computer a few times and is so excited to do the waverider and the slides. I told him I was looking forward to going down the slides with him.

He replies, "well no, I don't think that will work because it might be dangerous".

I told him no, these slides you can go down together.

He said, "I know, I saw it on the movie, but it might be dangerous for you and so I need to go with daddy. And then after that you can go with daddy."

So is he trying to protect me from danger? Or is it like AB says and I am the nurturer, he is the protector.

Later in the evening Leif told me he wanted to just stay at the water park for more than 5 minutes. I told him we would stay for two nights. He would have almost two days there.

He said, "how about always?"

I told him that would be expensive.

His reply was, "but you have 10 monies!"

Later I had put $40 on the counter for AB. Leif picked it up, jumped up and down and said, "oooh, two monies, we can almost stay forever at the water park!"

(In my own head I was thinking, "well you just bought us 6 hours there...")

...

Another Leif funny...

I fixed Hamburger Helper Lasagna the other night. I know, sucky dinner, but when you have very little time to cook, you go with what you can. Leif, however, hates this. Part of it is the ground beef in there and his insistence that he won't eat ground beef. I have to say, I kind of understand the ground meat aversion... I am not a big ground beef person either - unless it is in V's tortierre. But hey, it's what I put in front of him and it was easy.

Since he was polite in his whining (is there such thing as polite whining?) and had eaten all of his carrots I gave on my stance that you will eat what I put in front of you.

AB asked him, "would you like chicken nuggets or a hot dog?"

"Chicken nuggets," Leif replies and then pauses. "And lobster too."

"Yeah Leif," AB replies, "I would rather have lobster than Hamburger Helper too!"

No comments: