Sunday, September 28, 2008

Goals

I made a little progress on the goals this weekend. I am currently working on my Master Bedroom. The two nightstands arrived the weekend we went to the water park (where our friends were kind enough to haul them inside for us). Truly, had I known they would be shipped and arrive from Overstock within 2 days for $2.99 I would have put off the purchase!

(Ok, explain to me how Overstock can ship items of furniture for $2.99 and Ikea - owned by the richest man in the world - can't ship nearly anything for less than the price of the item. And in the case of a cute dresser? For nearly twice as much as the item.)

Anyways... the nightstands were assembled. One by me on Saturday afternoon while Skadi slept and AB and Leif were at a birthday party. Two hours and twenty minutes with the tools the instructions stated, a phillips screwdriver and a 4mm hex key. And I was sore afterwards! It was hard work!

AB laughed at me when he got home. Why didn't I use the drill? Because it said screwdriver, not drill. Though I do admit that a quarter of the way through I was wondering why it said screwdriver and not drill.

So he set to putting the other together today. With the drill. And logged in at 2 hours and 6 minutes. He wasn't laughing much then. Though his hand is probably nowhere near as sore as mine still is.

I finally ditched the decade old open top ugly hamper and bought a nice hamper at Target today. We organized the bedside tables (love them) and the bedroom is starting to look snazzy. Leif got my bedside table. It was headed to the garage for the eventual garage sale when it dawned on me how much he needs something to put a cup of water, his glasses and the current favorite books (Halloween books right now). I don't think he even noticed it appeared in there.

I have a fair amount more organizing and I really would like to go through AB's dresser. But then we need to at least think about painting.

No comments: