Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hair! (Flow it, Show it... all that)

I love Leif's hair. I love the color (strawberry blonde - moreso lately on the blonde side). I love his haircut and I love that it looks so great on him.

Why must he go and rip out my heart?

No, he didn't cut it. (Knock on wood.)

But yesterday when I was combing it. He HATES having his hair combed and squeals "nooooooooo mommy!" daily. Yes, I use detangler sprays on it. If he didn't rub his head all over his bed while he sleeps, this wouldn't be an issue!

I told him it was probably about time to get it trimmed again since combing it was so difficult.

His reply?

"I want my hair short like daddy's and so it sticks up just like daddy's."

No? Can I just tell him no?

I moaned to AB last night about this exchange and he asked how I felt about it.

I don't remember my exact words except that the thought of buzzing my son's head breaks my heart.

AB reminded me that if we are going to do it, it is the right time of year. He won't get too cold yet, and his head won't sunburn.

I know.

But if I buzz his head like he wants he isn't going to look like a little boy anymore. He will look like a big boy.

What to do?

I know, it grows. Before I know it, it will be back hanging in his eyes. That is IF he didn't insist on wearing it that way from here on out.

*Sigh*

No comments: