Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blips from the day

Leif came inside from playing today with a scratch on his finger.

"Mommy, I was climbing the tree and it scratched me," he moaned.

"Oh I am sorry Leif," I said kissing his owie. "Maybe you shouldn't climb the tree anymore?"

"Mommy, that breaks my heart," he replied.

No honey... you climbing the tree breaks my heart, I thought to myself.

--------------------

While reading the Sharks book:

"There are 400 different types of sharks," I read.

"Wow, that's really impressive!" Leif exclaimed.

No dear boy, you are impressive.

---------------------

AB gave me a big long hug today after dinner and told me how happy he is and how much he loves the life we share.

This meant so much to me. My BIL (his brother) and SIL are divorcing. AB's happiness and love isn't something I want to take for granted, but sometimes I think we do. And you can't help thinking, "if BIL fell out of love and no longer finds his wife attractive, it could happen to us".

That reassurance that it isn't happening to us was valuable to me.

No comments: