Friday, September 05, 2008

A new dinner option

I am always looking for new dinner ideas. For me it is good if it is reasonably healthy, quick to make and my kids eat it. Here is one from last night that the kids and AB gave a thumbs up to:

Chicken Sausage Lettuce Wraps
(Time to table 25 minutes.)

Aidell's Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken Meatballs (available at our Costco - I bought them for the first time after the kids chowed them at one of their demo stations.)
Cooked Rice Noodles (also called MaiFun and available in the Asian section of most grocery stores)
Red and yellow bell pepper strips
Carrots, julienned
Romaine Lettuce

Dipping Sauce:
1 part soy sauce
1 part water
1 part rice vinegar
Scoop of chili garlic sauce (Sambal Oleek) to taste
Diced fresh cayenne (if you are like AB and like to sweat while eating)

Assemble as lettuce wraps.

My kids don't do lettuce yet, so they got the meatballs, the vegie strips and rice. My kids have a serious thing going on with rice lately and I am loving the Uncle Bens Ready Rice (90 second microwave packets) in different varieties for them. Leftovers go in lunches the next day.

No comments: