Wednesday, October 01, 2008

So much for my big surprise

I had the perfect surprise for my husband all planned out.

You see 15 years ago our first forays "out" as more than lab partners (i.e., friends) were to CU football games. AB wouldn't date me because he thought it bad to mix romance and forced working together (we were chemistry lab partners). I persisted though and finally wore him down.

Anyways, we are going to Colorado over Thanksgiving this year and it dawned on me that CU ALWAYS plays Nebraska the day after Thanksgiving. Ok, I have to qualify *ALWAYS*. The games used to always be the weekend of Halloween. Which equated to - Boulder - Halloween - an influx of red - buffaloes - rivalry - mall crawl era - well it was just more than the city could really tolerate. The game was then moved to Thanksgiving - the time of semester when a good portion of students would be out of town.

I went to my first Colorado versus Nebraska team with AB. I decided to surprise him and buy tickets for the game and arrange for some unsuspecting relative (i.e., my mom) to take care of the kids while AB and I ran off to Boulder and had a trip down memory lane rooting on the Buffs.

I went to go buy tickets.

I could NOT find the link to buy for that game. Where is it? Can you not buy tickets yet?

Finally I doublechecked the schedule and realized I had missed one little detail - "at Lincoln".

So much for my great big surprise.

Sorry honey. I tried!

No comments: