Monday, October 27, 2008

Seriously I have the best husband ever.

"I will take Leif to the party, I know you have a lot of stuff you want to finish this weekend."

Seriously I have THE best husband ever. The birthday party was even during the Seahawks game. Given the Seahawks pitiful season though I think he was maybe looking for a reason not to be subjected to the humility. Though when I noted they were actually winning, I did hit record for him.

I finished up my touch up painting in the bathroom. This was so not what I felt like doing at every opportunity this weekend - standing on a ladder with a cup of paint and a tiny little watercolor brush in my hand. But when I finished the first phase - the shower/toilet area - I realized how really nice it looked to have the hairy edges touched up and my resolve was restored to finish the task.

Finally, I can call the Master Bathroom nearly done. That last 1% will be complete when AB nails a few small pieces of trim into place. I even found bamboo/glass containers that match the one I bought a few months ago at Target. All my storage items match, my paint looks finished and the bathroom is now my oasis... as long as I pay attention to where I step watching out for kids toys, shoes and the ever-present evidence on the wall behind my toilet that I have a little boy.

I didn't get to that last corner in the bedroom this weekend, but it will be an easy thing to do next weekend.

Now the big question lingers... which room to do next?

I had intended to get started on the kitchen, but the patio work we had done last week hit our savings account and I am not sure I can justify a kitchen redo that will be the most expensive room in our house (new floor and cabinet pull outs to name a few key items). Not to mention the fact that we will be out of town for 8 days and have a houseguest for another weekend in November.

The room that truly needs attention the most is the utility room. It will be inexpensive, though time consuming as it seems to be the ugly "catch all" location of my house. Two closets to be organized, crummy floor to be cleaned (since my housecleaner tended to miss that floor... wait... old houscleaner. Yes, another housecleaner down. We will be getting YET a new one this week supposidly) and two sets of cabinets in need of storage solutions.

Yes, I think I am leaning towards the utility room for November and the kitchen for December and likely January. It will be a big job that will require time and a serious influx of cash.

No comments: