Monday, October 13, 2008

My pictures arrived!

Not only did they arrive in record time - just a few days after I ordered them - but they are so awesome! Really, really great.

And it isn't just me that thinks so.

I had planned on putting them in the entry wall to the Master Suite. AB has nixed that because they aren't center enough there. If we are going to have such cool neat pictures then we should at least put them somewhere where people will see them.

He is right.

But herein lies the problem with open floor plan houses. The number of walls. Not only that, but the number of walls without big picture windows and built ins. All things I love and want in any house I own from now on. But what this means is that my wall display square footage is small.

Something will have to be moved.

So here is Leif holding his picture:


Oh and you want to know where I got my big pictures? Mpix.com

The details - they are 16"x20" mounted on foam core with the special coating (which I forget what they call - but it makes them look and feel like professional pictures). They are printed on Professional Photo Paper - so now my prints look like *I* am the pro! I retouched them myself using PhotoShop (which came out great enlarged to this size - I seriously wiped a lot of snot off Skadi's face). Let them play with the color too, I am quite happy with the way they came out!
I made the eyes pop using the Pioneer Woman's Instructions. (<--Rachel see here! And if you want to play with it with me, let me know!)
The 16x20's came out to about $30 a piece. Then I ordered some 5x7's and wallets. The wallets are die-cut. Love that. No sitting there with scissors hoping you see the lines correctly and shaving off edges where you strayed. I will order more wallets for putting in Christmas cards and handing out to teachers.

Because the pictures I did? So much better than what we got from the school. Even Leif's - which turned out good. The company that did the school pictures did a good job and put up with a lot from my lovely daughter, but I was unimpressed with the little things in the backgrounds - like the chain link fence. Just details.

No comments: