Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I ordered huge pictures of my kids.

I have been wanting big huge pictures of my kids for a long time. I mean, if you aren't going to at least print up big pictures, why have an SLR? Ok, don't answer that. Because there are LOTS of reasons to have a digital SLR. But this was one of the many reasons I wanted a digital SLR. I love photographing my kids. Granted I am not a professional, but I still manage to eek out a few good ones every now and then. Helps with being able to just hold down the shutter button and get 5 or more shots at once, especially for those turkey times.

My son is in THAT stage now.

If *I* want to take a picture of him he either runs, glares at me and says, "no pictures" or makes some ridiculous face. Ha. I will show him. I can snap two pictures straight after the ridiculous face that he can't hold forever and catch a smile. Sometimes.

Then there are the times, like this morning when he decalres picture time.

It was 8am and I was struggling to get us out of the house when Leif yells, "let's take a picture now!"

Skadi was looking her cutest in her HA skirt with striped tights, so I grabbed her and stood them next to the door (the one spot in my house where no one can see all the clutter) and started snapping.




(See he *CAN* smile for a picture... when he wants.)

Then Leif declared his need to use my camera to take a picture.

I must have been in a good mood when I agreed putting the strap securely around his little pencil neck and showing him which button to push.

I was so impressed with his picture that you get a view of the clutter here. (Quick someone post indicating that their house looks *just* as bad.)



Anyways... back to the point of the post. My huge pictures.





I took these pictures and cleaned them up with Photoshop. All the stuff that you can't really see here... unless you click on them and they get a little better. Then you might see the crud I am talking about.

Wiped the snot from Skadi's nose and cheeks, the particles of breakfast from her chin and shipped off the huge image. Then I cleaned breakfast off Leif's face and the syrup off his shirt and shipped it off. Oh and I also did the whole "make the eyes pop" thing on both of them. The available standard sizes were cropping them funny and so when I finally found a size that cropped in a way I was happy with I hit order.

Then I layed in bed last night wondering what in the world I am going to do with two 16"x20" photos of my kids mounted on foam core.

I need more walls.

No comments: