Thursday, February 21, 2008

Economic Stimulus Plan

I know... I shouldn't be spending money. But for some reason this is a great time for sales. It is after the "After Christmas" sales. So stores are really looking to move stuff while they bring in the summer stock.

And I fall prey to good deals.

Here are my recent finds:

Check out Skadi's Christmas dress for next year. PBKids in chocolate. And for $16.99 and free shipping.



And then this is a funny story behind this skirt.



I ordered it ages ago when I found it for $14.99, regularly $79 from JJill. Then promptly forgot about it. It was backordered and all. Completely forgot about it. Apparently I figured when I it arrived at some distant time I would love it whatever time of year at that price. I was right.

It arrived the other day and at first I was completely perplexed. My size... my style... love the skirt... but where did it come from? Slowly memories of ordering a skirt on backorder for possibly months came to me. Sure enough the price was right. I was sold.

And I love the skirt. LOVE it.

Then I needed new hand soap. Checked Drugstore and they didn't have the scent I wanted. So I went to Amazon and they had it, but from eBubbles and I would have actually had to pay for shipping. Which I don't like to do at Amazon. Checked eBubbles and was thrilled I did since they had free shipping and free lotion and two free samples of your choice.

Hmmm... what else? Oh yes, I bought makeup. V pointed me to E.L.F. a few weekends ago. It has truly been ages since I have bought make-up. I just have a hard time justifying the price since I like good stuff, but I don't wear it daily (other than mascara, moisturizer, sunblock and powder). I badly needed new. I finally checked it out and dropped a whopping $16 on 16 items. I hope the quality is there because the price is.

Then there was the Old Navy pre-summer sale that I bought loads of knock around clothes for Skadi, and a few things for Leif.

Then there was Gymboree... three pairs of clearance pants in the cupcake style for Skadi. Well I did order her a cupcake hair clip from AK and all. (This is sounding worse than buying the shoes and then buying clothes to match the shoes... something I have never been guilty of.) But I loved the cupcake line and since it was on clearance... let's just hope by next fall she can wear jeans and a 2T is her size. It's a gamble with the Beaner.

Oh and did I tell you about the Lands End diaper bag I won? Courtesy of Self Made Mom's Product Review blog. I love bags.

Hmmm... what else? Oh and I registered some domains today. Registered Skadi's name. I registered Leif's on his first birthday and decided to do the same for Skaders... a few weeks early. But I was in the domain registering mood as I secured thenuclearlife.com and will be switching things over to there over the next week. Don't worry, your bookmarks will still work, but I made the semi-conscious decision to push the blogging a little further. I blog regularly, why not see what comes of it?

And well, that is the story of my economic stimulus plan! (I am tackling Penzeys tomorrow... AB's complaint about not having cumin prompted an inventory of the spice rack and a determination that a Penzeys order is required... anyone who lives near me and wants anything let me know.)

My husband doesn't read my blog... does he?

No comments: