Thursday, February 14, 2008

Leif funnies

Skadi loves to feed others. She will take a bite and then feed whoever is willing the next bite. This is most often the dog.

Leif: "Skadi, it is very important that you listen to me, you must not feed Winny-dog lasagna!"

------------

Leif took one of the pigeon books in for show and tell. "The Pigeon Finds A Hot Dog" that he picked out at Barnes and Noble last weekend. We were on the way home from school in the car.

NM: "So what did you tell your group about the pigeon book today?"

Leif: "I said, this is my pigeon book I bought it the other day at the latte store.

Hanging head in shame... Barnes and Noble is the "latte store" for my son... not the book store. Just because everytime we go, we get lattes!

------------

Leif was drawing a picture for Bompa in his card the other day. He was meticulously drawing straight lines.

Here is the thing with this age group - he is getting to that point where you should be able to tell what he is drawing... or so he thinks. They are pretty much all circles or lines to me.

NM: "Leif what are you drawing so I can write to Bompa what your picture is?"

Leif: "Mommy, can't you see I am drawing straight lines."

-------------

Leif woke up this morning insistant that we go to the cabin. He is such an outdoors kid. All last week it was camping, he wanted to go camping so badly. We set his play tent up, but that only worked for an afternoon until he was asking for the big blue tent outside please and not in the back yard.

Leif: "I know what we should do today!"

NM: "Well I think we are going to go to work and school, but what do YOU think we should do?"

Leif: "We should go to the cabin, and then to C's house, and to N's house, and then to the park, and go climb the mountain, then we can go to Miss Donna's (McDonalds - he has been there three times now his entire life) and then we can go to the doctor!"

First off, busy day there. Second, the fact that going to the doctor is lumped in there on his list of fun things to do concerns me.

No comments: