Friday, February 15, 2008

Another one for the list

AB was home this morning. I love that because he gets a taste of my mornings and usually ends up marvelling, "how exactly is it you get out of the house at 8am everyday with those two?"

Magic.

Oh and a little bribery.

This morning it wasn't the cabin or camping that Leif was fixated on. It was...

The grocery store.

Leif: "I want to go to the grocery store."

NM: "Why sweety?"

Leid: "Because I do."

NM: (New tactic...) "What do you want at the grocery store?"

Leif: "A box."

NM: "What kind of box?"

Leif: "A big box."

NM: "What are you going to do with the big box?"

Leif: "I want to paint it and cut a hole in it to crawl inside like a cave."

NM: "Well we might have a box in the garage we can do that this weekend with."

Leif: (Enter whining.)"No, I want to buy a box at the grocery store."

NM: "Well I don't think they have boxes like that at the grocery store."

Leif: "Yes they do."

NM: "Ok, we'll see."

Later in the drive up at Starbucks.

NM: "I will take a grande cinnamon dolce latte, a kids --"

Leif: "AND A BOX, TELL THEM WE WANT A BIG BOX TO PAINT TOO!!"

NM: "This isn't the box store!"

(Giggling over the intercom.)

Leif: "Let's go to the grocery store now."

No comments: