Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My kids crack me up

Me: "... so once you finish your sticker chart you can pick something special to do or buy, what would you like?"

Leif: "Skadi wants earplugs. Skadi say you want earplugs."

Me: "Why would she want earplugs?"

Leif: "Because when you swim, then you wouldn't get water in your ears."

Me: "I didn't realize you had problems with water in your ears."

Leif: "Well you could."

Me: "Yes, you could, but so far you haven't."

Leif: "Skadi, say you want earplugs when you finish your sticker chart!"

Skadi: "No, I want a princess thing."

Me: "Leif what do you want?"

Leif: "Well not earplugs, that's for sure."

?!?!?

------------

Skadi: "Oh look at this picture, she is SO beautiful. But mommy, it isn't me."

Me: "That's Cousin Celeste."

Skadi: "Oh, Cousin Lest is SO beautiful. Isn't she beautiful mommy?"

Me: "Yes, she is."

Skadi: "Cousin Lest was so wonderful too. Wasn't she wonderful mommy?"

Me: "Yes, beautiful and wonderful!"

Skadi: "Yep, just like me. She gets it from me."

-------------

Skadi: "Mommy, I going to read this book to you." (Holding up the CPR manual from before Leif was born.)

Me: "Well, let's go get a fun book to read, not that book."

Skadi: "NO! I read DIS book NOW! You sit down."

Me: "Fine."

Skadi: (Opens book to page one.) "Once upon a time there was a princess born!"

Skadi: (Flips book to pages 3-4.) "Once upon a time there was a princess born!"

Skadi: (Flips book to pages 5-6.) "Once upon a time there was a princess born!"

Skadi: (Flips book to pages 7-8.) "Once upon a time there was a princess born!"

Skadi: (Flips book to pages 9-10.) "Once upon a time there was a princess born!"

Skadi: "All done! Wasn't that the MOST wonderful book ever!"

No comments: