Monday, May 12, 2008

If I can just get through Wednesday...

Last week I spent the week saying "if I can just get through Friday".

And I survived.

But I started my Monday morning with a new mantra... "if I can just get through Wednesday".

It is mid-year here and I am involved in a couple mid-year reviews as well as involved in a few new projects that are spinning up mid-year. So project-wise I am in good shape... a little overwhelmed right now, but good shape.

Last week one of the deputy sector leads delegated a client to me in his absence this week.

Nothing ever "happens" when someone is gone right? Or is it that everything happens when the lead is gone?

First thing this morning I walked in to an e-mail message from the client with an attached document (that I need to go read still) asking for a teleconference with the PIs of that project.

Anxiety? Just a little. Ok, a lot.

I was trying to explain to AB this evening why my stomach was in knots. I am not acting in my role as project or program manager. I am not even substituting for someone else in that same role. I am acting in a role of sector manager. And I don't even know what a sector manager does!

It is exciting. And frightening.

And please oh please don't let that rash that showed up on my daughter's body be anything. Please.

No comments: