Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A first

I am quite sure I have never ever slept through the phone ringing.

Ever.

Even when I was bone tired while pregnant with the kiddos I would register the phone ringing - though I sometimes chose not to get up and answer it. I would choose to stay snuggled in bed instead.

Skadi was home sick Monday and Tuesday - the worst week EVER for us to have a sick kid. I was home with her Monday through the brunt of the puking episodes. (AB took over Monday afternoon and then stayed with her all day today.) Monday morning when Skadi crashed, so did I. The laundry beckoned, the kitchen called my name, my blogs called, work e-mail went neglected. All the while I slept.

When we finally rose I saw I had missed a call from AB. Missed it totally.

Right now I am beyond tired thanks to a multitude of reasons. This evening after the kids FINALLY fell asleep, I ran through my work e-mail, barely registering that my phone number at work was also changing with my move to my new office (that apparently happened today). I hit my "flag" button repeatedly, reminding myself that I will have time next week. At least more time then right now.

No comments: