Thursday, May 01, 2008

Do we really need to be told this?

I went into a restroom down the hall from my new lab today. Went into the stall (there were two stalls) and saw a sign:

"NOTICE! This restroom is shared, please be conscious of your messes and CLEAN UP after yourselves!"

I mean really. We are grown professional women, do we need to be reminded that public restrooms in the workplace and with stalls are not private? Do we need to be told to pick up after ourselves?

The restroom in my current (soon to be previous) building was fun. There are always jokes taped to the walls. Someone put up magnetic male paperdolls. People store their things in there (hairbrushes, toiletries, etc.).

Something tells me I am not in Kansas anymore.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the Histology lab next door?

I worked in histology for many years. The histologist I worked under and knew for a few years never tolerated any joking around and I am pretty sure she also reminded us regularly of bathroom etiquette and that we were sharing the latrine space.

Phew, glad I didn't decide to become a histologist for good!

-----------

On a side topic... the next 10 days are going to be hairy for me. I have one day left to get everything done - get my office packed, get my projects ahead (or caught up), and get a technician working for me on his two feet to get things done. It wouldn't be so bad except that I will be in a class all next week.

For 40 hours.

That's FORTY hours.

Ugh.

2/3 of it is classroom and I have to bring a calculator.

Double Ugh.

I will be without a work computer until May 12th when I can start digging out - in my new office. My evening computer time next week will likely be spent trying to keep my head above water with whatever presents itself on the work front. My personal computer time will be sorely neglected.

Which means my blog could be sorely neglected next week.

Or my work may be sorely neglected next week.

We will see which one wins.

No comments: