Friday, May 25, 2007

Dun dun dun dun - dun - dun dun dun dun - dun

Thirty years ago I was five years old and was blessed with a trip to Denver (a nearly 6 hour drive) to see a new movie that was coming out. I remember standing outside the theater on Colorado Blvd., not really knowing what all the hype was about.

I don't remember details of watching the movie, however, I remember loving it. Afterwards I picked out a cassette tape with a book that went with it of the story. We also bought the vinyl soundtrack and I couldn't wait to get home to put it on the turntable.

I wanted my name to be Leia.
I wanted droids.
I wanted my hair to be like big cinnamon rolls on the sides of my head (mine were little cinnamon knots on either side thanks to my very fine hair).
I wanted a wookie - my dachsund (Inga) had to fill the role.
I wanted to be rescued by Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, but to also show them I was just as good as they were.
I wanted the scary Sand People to go away. (I still do.)

I remember uttering the words, "Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope" over and over. (My poor parents.)

Guess what's playing tonight at NM and AB's house?

No comments: