Monday, August 23, 2010

Conversations with Skadi

Skadi: "You know what I want mom?"

(She has taken to calling me "mom" instead of mommy and I am not terribly thrilled.)

Me: "What?"

Skadi: "A baby."

Me: "A baby? Like a real baby?"

Skadi: "Yeah, a girl type one."

Me: "You want a little sister?"

Skadi: "Yep, like Cate has."

Me: "Hmm. I don't know about that. You should probably talk to daddy about that."

(Totally pawning this off...)

Skadi: "I did."

Me: "Oh you did?"

Skadi: "Yes."

Me: "What did he say?"

Skadi: "He said yes."

Me: "He did??"

Skadi: "Yes. And he said that the baby can sleep in my room too and I will take such good care of her! And I will hold her like this and say 'oh little baby I love you so!' Like that."

Me: "Wow. Ok. I will take all this into consideration."

---------

Skadi at the eye doctor reading icons:

"Plane to Colorado, give me five, unicorn without a horn, cupcake, parrot"

Doctor: (Giggling) "Wow, she is something isn't she?"

(Plane, Hand, Horse, Birthday Cake, Chick)

----------

Skadi's new game: "Ok, pretend like you are driving through Starbucks and I will take your order now."

1 comment:

BVB said...

Okay, Brooke has been calling me 'mom', too. I can't stand it and keep correcting her 'mommy or mama'. I just think she is too young for 'mom' (it sounds so petulant when little kids say it).

Skadi is too funny! LOVE her note--hope you saved! :)