Monday, February 22, 2010

Crazy kids!

Leif is testing new ways to deal with Skadi. As an older sibling myself, I feel for him. Really I do!

Leif: "Skadi, you are really displeasing me tonight."

Leif: "Skadi, I am going to make a new rule and you have to listen to it."

And when those don't work, he pulled out the big guns:

Leif: "Skadi, Santa is watching you."

---------

Leif: "Mom, when you are buying something and you don't have the right money, can you still get it?"

Me: "Well that depends Leif. If something you want is $5 and you only have a $10 bill, then yes, you can get it and the cashier will give you $5 back."

Leif: "No mom, that's not what I mean. If you have some money and you are at a store, like the green bean store, and you want something, and that something costs money and you have money, but not the right money, and you want the green beans, and the green beans cost money and you want them to give you the green beans, what would you do?"

Me: "Buy them?"

Leif: "NO MOM! You are at the green bean store like I told you. What do you do?"

Me: "I don't know Leif, better ask your dad."

-----------

Skadi: "I want a waterfall in my room mommy. A waterfall with a beautiful rainbow! Mommy, are you a mermaid? Do you want to be a mermaid? I want to be a mermaid!"

No comments: