Monday, July 18, 2005

Good things!

My horoscope: "The 18th, you'll be just as amazed as anyone at how quickly your projects are progressing, and the 20th and 21st, get ready for some sudden (but very welcome) fruition, where your projects are concerned! Nothing like a big ripe summer project with a perfect sheen and a sweet aroma, is there? The 26th, you'll be reconsidering your ideas about stability and excitement. Which direction are you thinking of going in?"

And that is just how things are going. Very well here!

I got word last week that my big grant proposal is very likely to be funded. They needed "decision points" inserted into the proposal, and I will be meeting with my Co-PI to do this. This is huge. $1.8 million over 4 years. I am still having a hard time grasping this concept.

My other projects seem to be moving along.
-My shiny, happy project needs some attention, not for my lack of work, but because I need to prepare my very short "I wasn't here last week so I didn't do anything" presentation. Then our review is on the 26th. I need to prepare my review materials for my presentation and will be giving a lab tour to the client. Then I found out that I will also be preparing/fixing another coworkers presentation. Or at least that is what I assume this e-mail statement implied: "Also, Rick will talk to you about fixing the pilot plant presentation from its current sorry state."

-My new LDRD task was moving along, but has been hijacked by having to return borrowed instruments and a broken crystal. Must work on that today.

-Haven't worked on the paper at all, still waiting for an outline.

-Then I have two other tasks on pita project to work on and finish. Not looking forward to either. They don't make me happy at all. Both require labwork, that frankly, I am not interested in doing.

I am actually quite happy to be back to work and into the groove.

Bragging warning:
And oh yeah, to top it off I am wearing size 10 pants that fit spectacularly! hee hee! And no, I don't have a secret... breastfeeding maybe, my obsession with eating only whole grain hot cereal every morning (has literally cured my GERD), walking the dog every morning. I don't know what it is, but the baby weight is gone as well as some of the pre-pregnancy weight!


No comments: