Monday, November 15, 2004

Why do my days fly by?

I cannot believe it is 4:15pm on Monday. Where has my day gone? Leif and I got in the car and headed to work/daycare at 8:10am. Got to daycare at 8:30am and dropped him off, asleep, snoring loudly. How does he sleep so deeply? The other kids are screaming and yelling, yet he is konked out in his crib. Oh yeah, and I whacked him in the head with his bottles on accident - yet the kid didn't budge. Oh wait, I know why... it is because he didnt' sleep most of the night!!

Ok, so I get to work. I check my work e-mail and respond as needed. Then I e-mail mom, return e-mail Tanya, and deal with the rest of my personal e-mail... somewhat quickly. I headed over to find some optical couplers for a coworker, found those. Then I went and worked in the lab until 12:15pm. I was planning on finishing by 11:30am. Oh well.

So then I ran out to go nurse Leif before his doctor's appointment at 1pm. We chatted with his daycare teachers (who are awesome). And then headed to his doctor's. Once again he is konked. I am holding him as his head is laying back. You could do just about anything with him in this ragdoll stage. Thank goodness he woke up when we put him on the scale. Growing like a weed, 15 lbs 5 oz. He has almost doubled his weight at birth, just a few ounces shy. Ears cleared up, lungs sound good and excema... well is there.

I grabbed lunch at the shop downstairs from the doctor and ran him back to daycare. Once here I reviewed a proposal, thought about working on my proposal. Did a quick online search for a gift I am looking for, for my mom from Leif. And then here I am. It is 4:20pm and I still have massive amounts of work to do.

Where do my days go? Now before Leif (we will call that B.L.) I stayed and worked until I was satisfied with my day. Not so much anymore. I can't wait to cut out of here at 5pm to go get him. My days of earning massive amounts of overtime are over. Like I need it now anyways... that's what vacation time is for isn't it?

Leif and I will go home, play for a little while before cooking dinner. Daddy will be home at about 7pm we think (after his study session). We will sit down after dinner (8pm) and I will have konked out in front of the TV by 9:30pm.

Next week is Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to taking the entire week off. I keep telling Hans I am going to watch Dr. Phil, lol. I need a week with Leif. He is resisting his naps in a big bad way, and his nighttime routine is less then desirable right now (waking 2-3 times a night). The kid doesn't seem to want to sleep... he would rather stand on our laps or jump in the Jumperoo. And that doesn't help him calm down and sleep.

Ok, talk about a rambling post. Focus? What's that?

No comments: