Friday, November 12, 2004

People that talk and it's Friday

Ok, so I am not a talker really. I give my opinions when requested and I talk when necessary. But my philosophy is that if you talk and talk, your opinions become less valuable. I just got out of a close out meeting for interviewing candidates for two internal positions. The first 6 of us took three minutes to talk about each candidate. Hit the strong points and the weak points and moved on. NOT Paula. Oh no, she had to take 20 minutes to provide her very uninformed yet psychic view of this person's life and career. Good God woman, shut up. My manager stopped her at one point and said that our time was up in the room and that we could get interrupted. Did she get the hint? Of course not! He had to stop her a second time. Then when he was closing out the meeting she had to start up again. That's when I got up and left.

My boobs were about to explode - I am breastfeeding. I drastically needed a pump, or a baby. I had to opt for the pump long after I really needed it.

Why does she need to elaborate on every fricking detail? Who cares what the tone of his response to her question about will you write proposals to your old funding source? Not me! I want to know that he does or does not have the technical expertise and motivation to do the work.

Ok, I am done ranting. It is Friday, thank goodness. Only one more full week of work until Thanksgiving week, which I am taking off completely. I really need a week home with the Leifer. I don't have any plans for the week. Hans picked up Leif's $500 gift card from the Gap "How Do You Wear It" contest at the post office. I would love to go spend a little money and get him some cute things. I need to clean.

Oh yeah, that's another thing. We are thinking about hiring a housecleaner. We really need one. I can't believe how far behind I have fallen in cleaning the house. The last thing I want to do on weeknight evenings or weekends is clean. I want to spend the time with Leif. I get so little time with him anyways. He is growing up before my eyes. I don't want to spend that time scrubbing the toilet. And the economics of it all just don't work out. We have an interview with a cleaner on Saturday. I am hoping it will be more affordable than Merry Maids. Not that they are expensive, just more than I was wanting to put out initially. I just NEED a clean house. Everyone tells me not to worry about it, cleaning takes a back seat when you are working and have kids. But it drives me up the wall.

Ok, I have a few things I need to do before heading off for the weekend. Have a great weekend!

No comments: