Monday, July 19, 2010

Funny things my kids said

In the Seattle airport, Skadi and I go into the crowded restroom where she promptly screams at the very top of her little lungs:

"WALK THE PLANK SCURVY DOGS!"

Scared two little old ladies to pieces. Sigh.

-----------

Putting Leif to bed last night:

Leif: "But mommy, I want you to sleep with me!"

Me: "I love you honey, but I sleep in my bed and you sleep in yours."

Leif: "Well I don't understand your choice. I like painted rooms and I would only want to sleep in a painted room if I were you."

(If pleading doesn't work, change up the tactic I guess.)

------------

Skadi on the way home, last leg from Seattle to Pasco, headed down the stairs to the plane she turns around and looks at the woman behind us:

"I am going to Hawaii!"

-------------

While in Colorado, Rick asked me to make a sign for the door downstairs so that the kids would stay out of the basement, where the kitties would be. Leif and I came up with a skull and cross bones that said, "Stay Out Scurvy Dogs". Leif was quite thrilled with it.

He came back up to me and told me that we needed a sign on the inside now that said, "Stay in Scurvy Cats!" Oh and he showed nearly every visitor all the while giggling.

-------------

Leif inherited my talent for telling jokes. You should know that I have no talent for telling jokes and am somewhat notorious for getting to the end of the joke and blanking, which drove my husband up the wall. Now I don't tell jokes.

Leif has a joke he tells.

Leif: "What's your name?"

You: "[Insert name]"

Leif: "What color is the sky?"

You: "Blue."

Leif: "Which way am I pointing?" (He points up.)

You: "Up."

Leif: "Mommy (or whatever the name is) blew up! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

He has been telling us this joke for nearly a year. The kid is in sore need of a new joke because we actually forbade him from telling it anymore while in Colorado. It is that desperate.

Please help him.

Soon.

------------

Putting Skadi to bed last night.

Me: "Skadi stop it, you kicked my glasses!"

Skadi: "No mommy, your glasses kicked my foot and it hurt very much."

I didn't laugh. Instead I held her bedtime books hostage until she apologized for kicking my glasses. It took awhile, but she eventually came around to see things my way.

------------

Not a kid funny... but the sad truth. I am switching my comments over to moderated because I can no longer stand the spam my blog is receiving. I really believe that a blog should have open comments and it has always bugged me to have moderated comments, but desperate times in fighting spam call for desperate measures. My apologies to everyone and I will work to get legit comments turned around as quickly as possible.

No comments: