Friday, January 02, 2009

Snow

So we woke up this morning to a few inches of snow. Looks pretty and looks heavy.

AB and I are off today but sending the kids into school. I am feeling a bit guilty about this since it is still in my mind "Christmas break" - though I did work Monday thru Wednesday. I keep reminding myself that there will be MANY years when our kids are in public school and we have to take off 2 weeks to relish the time when I do have care, plus the fact that I am paying for it.

Anyways... the snow.

Woke up to snow. Got the kids ready. AB is taking them in right now. We go to look at houses again starting at noon today and have a meeting with the builder a little later.

I sit down at the computer and open my work e-mail.

Work delay.

You HAVE to be kidding me.

Not that I actually get to take advantage of it with my scheduled time off. But I wouldn't have even guessed! All that week with mounds and mounds of snow and we had one work delay that started at 9:30am? And now this slushy couple of inches constitutes a delay till 10am?

My kids will be the first ones at school today. (More guilt.)

No comments: