Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday and Thursday nights for the next month = movie nights

Truly, parents of two children who stay at home or single parents of two... I have no idea how you do it. Granted it was my first time with both Leif and Skadi at home by myself. But oh my goodness.

The problem is that Leif is an attention hog - always has been, but it is a little worse right now. Plus, he is my little wild man. Then there is Skadi, all 8 lbs of her.

I tried. I really did try to entertain Leif with Skadi hanging off me in various positions, in the bouncey seat, and in the swing. Finally when Leif said, "I want to watch Nemo", I cracked.

None of the usual, "are you sure you wouldn't rather play trains/read books/draw/play play-doh/play Little People?" Nope. I caved.

Nemo and a bottle - err, I mean a glass of wine. It worked. When AB called to say he was on his way home and asked how everything was going I think he was surprised not to find me in tears.

No comments: