Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Subject Matter Expert?

Leif: "I told Miss A that I know she has two babies in her tummy today!"

NM: "You did? What did she say?"

Leif: "She said, 'how did you know that' and I said, 'from my mom!'"

NM: (Hoping that was ok.) "What did she say then?"

Leif: "Nothing, but I just told her how rough it was when I came out of your tummy."

NM: (Glad I didn't have anything in my mouth for fear of choking.) "You said what?"

Leif: "You know, I told her how rough it was when I came out of your tummy." (Very matter of factly confirming that I did hear correctly.)

NM: "Rough in what way?"

Leif: "You know."

NM: "Nope, tell me how it was rough."

Leif: (Clearly annoyed with me.) "Because I liked to go on all the big slides and all, but I was really too little."

Phew.

(Hoping this was explained in detail to Miss A. Wondering if I should relay this conversation to her tomorrow as a means for explanation?)

No comments: