Sunday, November 09, 2008

Out of character

Yesterday AB and I went to Costco to pick up Skadi's Christmas present:





Of course we picked up some more stuff too. But we had a plan. I checked out the kitchen, agreed with AB that it was perfect - amazingly he was the one who had found it, after I had spent an hour or so one day on the internet finding every.single.little.kitchen out there.

So after seeing the kitchen and letting Skadi play a little with the sample kitchen, thus assuring us it was the right gift, I headed out to the car with the kids while my MIL and AB purchased it and got it loaded into his car, then we met up at our next destination.


AB informed me then that I should probably look at transferring money from savings into checking. I told him we had plenty of money in the checking account right now, the kitchen wouldn't be a big deal.

He said he spent a little more than the dollhouse.


"Well of course you did, we got diapers, a pizza, laundry detergent and a few other things," I said.


"No, I spent more than that," he said. I should have picked up on the vaguery, but when he cited the amount my jaw dropped.


Then he added, "so no snooping around the house either".


A little while later he mentioned that he had also picked up gifts for both my dad and stepdad there too.


I think my jaw may have dropped open further there. AB not only bought a gift for me more than the week before Christmas, but also for members of my own family? People I am normally stressing over buying for?


Who swooped in and stole my husband?


He did tell me not to snoop around our daughter's closet too much. My reply to him was of all the closets in the house, that is probably the worst one to pick to hide the gift.


"How about using the utility room closet with the vacuum cleaner in it," I said knowing he wouldn't miss my reference to the fact that I just don't vacuum, like ever.


"I already put something in there," he tells me, "so no snooping in there either."


So not just ONE gift but TWO!? Hmmm.... I am very curious.

No comments: