Monday, September 25, 2006

My son, no apparent relationship to me

Sunday Leif and I made Halloween cut out cookies. He loved stirring and rolling and cutting them out (your typical pumpkin, ghost and Halloween rabbit), but was far less interested in decorating them. Apparently this was due to my tactical error in setting out chocolate chips to decorate the pumpkins. As soon as he discovered they were indeed chocolate, he was sold. And it was hard to keep ahead of him with putting the chips on.

Leif then complained in pulling the chips off the cookies that they were "messy" being coated with orange frosting and all. My poor child, having to wipe off orange frosting off your chocolate.

I sent one of Leif's special Halloween rabbits in his lunch to daycare today where he held it out for everyone to admire and told about decorating it to his table. He was apparently VERY proud of it. Then when he was finished with lunch, instead of noshing on his special cookie dessert, he threw it away.

His teacher pulled it out of the trash and told him he should eat his special cookie. "Nope," he replied, "no eat it rabbit cookie." And threw it back away.

No comments: